After the much improved results in 2016, we are now firmly established as the third major party in the country. UKIP still aims to have a presence in Worcester by winning seats in the Guildhall and at County Hall. Local politics badly needs a new direction. The establishment incumbent parties have maintained a monopoly on local power for decades. UKIP will disrupt the cosy consensus and party self-interest and put Worcester people first. Our councillors are not held back by a party whip, and are free to vote directly on behalf of their constituents on any issue. We don’t have to toe a party line. This fresh approach, along with our local policies, is at the heart of putting local people first.
Our policies for the Guildhall:
- Free parking overnight in all city centre car parks (7pm – 7am).
- We support free hospital car parking for family visits.
- We support the minimum Council Tax where possible while maintaining local services.
- We oppose central-government housing targets such as the South Worcestershire.
- Worcester City FC back in town ASAP.
- Development Plan (SWDP). Local councillors should be the sole arbiters of planning decisions.
- Long-term local city residents & ex-servicemen prioritised for social housing first.
- Prioritise building of new affordable housing for first time buyers and Association housing with reduced rents for local residents.
- Estate improvements encouraged for all council estates in need.
- Encourage more cycle paths and protect our current green areas.
- Help support inward business investment & tourism to come to Worcester city